A safety precaution is all that matters to a professional welder. When the job needs close contact with sparks of fire and high temperature, it seems an intelligent step to wear the cap, while you are being engaged in such a profession or becoming a passionate hobbyist.
Why we need welding cap:
- 1 Best 5 Welding Caps for the money
While choosing the best welding hat, you may get allured with the whacky prints and colours of it. But a welding cap is more about protection and less about looking cool. So to keep your head and hair safe is one of the most important tasks of welding cap.
Now with all these features you must keep in mind that the welding cap should be lightweight, unless you will feel hot and exhausted after 2 or 3 hours of welding. This is definitely not desirable.
However, all these features seem appreciative, but one more thing matters while you are planning to buy a welding cap is, budget. There should be a limitation in it, and surely you will need a welding cap which is within your budget and still consists of all the necessary features along with good looks.
Best 5 Welding Caps for the money
Buying everything online is a trend these days, and definitely you would wish to get the welding cap from any e commerce portal. But to do that you need to be sure about the features and here we will be telling you about the specific features that are present in different kinds of welding caps. So here goes the list of best 5 welding caps and the reviews of those.
Revco BC5W-BK armour cotton welding cap
This is a brand which is famous for their welding caps. The cap that we are discussing here offers full cotton material make. To provide extra protection the cap offers double layer.
- This one is pretty stylish and you can wear it as a welding cap, doo rap or beanie- the look will offer you versatility. The size of the cap is universal and one size fits all, so you do not have to worry about which size to buy.
- The circumference of the cap is 20 ¼” when not stretched, but it fits smaller headed people as well. It can stretch up to 3” and thus larger heads will also be fitted inside it.
- The colour is universal black which matches most of the gloves and jackets so the stylish look is created easily while wearing it.
- There is elastic sewn into the cap which makes it fit for all sizes of heads.
- The quality is great for the price, so if you plan not to spend too much on a welding cap, try this.
- For overhead and vertical welding this is a perfect cap.
- Soft cotton make
- One size fits all
- 100% cotton double layer protection
- Elastic sewn inside to make it fit
- Non returnable
- Better for smaller heads
This is one of the best selling welding caps so you can trust the brand and users for that. It will suit your need and will surely guarantee you comfort and protection at the same time.
Lincoln Electric Welding cap
This is a great choice for the welders as it offers safety and protection at the time of the job. In terms of style it is a distinct one too. The air cushioned elastic band stretches so the cap fits to everyone’s head dimension. This one is really lightweight and thus your head will feel free while wearing it at the time of work.
- This is a bright coloured cap with comfortable fit and texture.
- The sizes are bests for the welders as it fits their heads mostly comfortably.
- It comes with a padded elastic ring which offers comfort while working for long hours. It will never irritate your forehead and neck.
- The seams are flat stitched so they do never tangle in your hair or rub at the forehead.
- The sweat absorbing liner offers relief from the sweat accumulation. The pad with soft athletic mesh will absorb the sweat and thus you do not have to remove the cap once and often to wipe it off.
- The cap is made from breathable fabric which ensures that you head remains cool and dry even when you are working in humid atmosphere.
- The use of best high thread count cotton makes the cap look stylish. The stripes and the stars in fabric pattern are eye catchy.
- The quality of the cap makes it fit for all and that is why it is used by the professionals.
- Inconsistent sizing is an issue with this otherwise nice and smart looking welding cap. Buy it if you have a regular sized head and want to look cool while doing your welding job.
- Breathable fabric
- Padded elastic ring
- Comfortable and sweat absorbing
- Bright colours
- Sizing issue
Black stallion BSX BC5B Blue/Black cotton beanie
This cap has too many useful features to make it stand out among usual welding caps. This is an awesome welding cap within budget. This one fits well and has satisfied a whole lot of users through its potential. You must use it to know how stylish it is along with being useful. However, the size is inconsistent and some users find it better fitted for coneheads, that is, there is lesser space at the top corner but the periphery at the base is wider.
- This cap offers safety during welding job.
- Much comfortable to wear, you will never feel crumpled in your head while wearing this cap.
- The sweat absorption and breathability makes this cap a hit among the welders. You will never feel the drops of sweat coming towards your eyes as it will be absorbed within the cap.
- You will not feel hot or sweaty as it will not accumulate heat.
- This is a really long lasting welding cap. You can use it for years without getting worn. There will not be any shrinkage or colour change in this cap.
- The make is of flame resistant cotton, which ensures it will never catch spark when you will be welding.
- Flame resistant cotton
- Long lasting
- Decently priced
- Thin material
- non returnable
Miller Ghost Skulls welding cap
Wearing a welding cap at the time of job makes you more confident and thus improves the working quality. But when you area wearing an ill fitted one, it will always irritate you and will distract you at the time of work. The brand Miller has come up with the Genuine Arc Armor Ghost Skulls welding cap which can easily be called the most comfortable welding cap.
- The soft material of this cap makes it a hit as it feels really comfortable on the head.
- The brand does not use elastic which makes the cap comfortable. The size and design is naturally fitted for everyone.
- The cap is available in various sizes. This is easy for anyone to select the right size for his or her head.
- This cap has earned its reputation for durability. This one is pretty much durable and will last you longer than you can expect. Even after regular wash it stays soft and smooth, which ensures that the cap will last longer than regular welding caps of other brands.
- The cap weighs only 1.44 ounce which means it is a pretty lightweight cap. You will not feel like wearing anything at all over your head.
- The price of the cap is a bit on the higher side, which is a turn down.
- No elastic inside the cap
- Various sizes available
- High price
Lapco 6 Panel Welding caps
This is a nice camo designed welding cap which will be loved by the fashion conscious people. The camouflage print on this cap makes it look like a hunting cap. Aesthetically it is a nice cap and it also catches less dirt as the print makes it impossible to see the grease and dirt on it. The six panel styling is great and the look is pretty smart.
- The material is breathable cotton so there will be air passing through it, making it easy to dry the sweat.
- No heat accumulation at head, as it will pass the heat off and the fresh air will come through the fabric.
- The use of Nomex thread for the stitching makes the cap flame retardant. This cap will not catch spark even if you are working too closely at the welding.
- This one weighs more than two ounces, which means it is heavier than regular welding caps. If you are used to with the lighter caps, then you may feel the weight at the beginning.
- The material is pre-shrunk and thus it will not get rugged with use.
- The cap is fully reversible which makes it more user-friendly.
- The cap has sweat soaking capability, which is great. It will keep the sweat out of your eyes and that will help you more with welding.
- The price is relatively high than the regular welding caps.
- Camouflage design to make it look less dirty
- Breathable fabric
- No suffocation due to heat accumulation
- Nomex thread stitch for anti-flame feature
- Heavy weight
- High price
How you will be able to select the right welding cap:
When you are thinking of getting yourself a welding cap, first get some information about it. Doing some research makes the buy more useful. So here are some tips in case you are willing to know which points are useful in time of buying a welding cap.
Material- most of the welding caps are made of nylon or polyester. But you should seek of caps that are made of cotton. Maintenance is problem for cotton caps but when you will work in humid and hot atmosphere, only cotton will let you survive through the high temperature and sweats.
Size- there are brands which offer one size of welding cap that fits all. These caps usually come with elastic that makes it fit to any sized head. If the cap is too tight for your head it will make you uncomfortable in the long run. But if you find the cap too loose, there is chance that it will fall off when you will be working. So buy the right size and try it before buying
Sweat absorption– as welding is a job done in high temperature, it causes sweating. The sweat beads formed in the forehead may drop into your eyes and that will cause irritation. Also that will distract you, but wiping sweat is not an option all the time, as both your hands will be busy welding. So buying a cap with sweat absorption capacity is a great idea.
Brand – not all the reputed brands offer good product, but still it is wise to depend a bit upon the older and famous brands. The manufacturers that sell welding equipments and have earned some reputation in that sector must be trusted for some reasons.
Customer review – in the age of online shopping, one must go through a few of the customers’ reviews before buying any product. There are some reviews which are paid and fake, but when you will go through some random reviews then you must learn the reality about the product. So it helps to know which features are present in your chosen welding cap and which are the deficits of that product.
More: best welding bags
If you are a serious professional and need to work a lot on welding, you must get a cap to keep yourself safe. Head and ears are always saved during welding through a cap. Check the caps we have listed here and choose the right one for you.