When it comes to welding, you always want best quality welding helmets by top brands. In this article we will tell you about one such product, 3M Speedglass 9100 helmet with all of specifications and features it offers along with will it be beneficial for you or not. If you are looking for one of the best and latest welding helmets reviews then you are at a right place.
3M Speedglas 9100 welding helmet Review
3M speedglas is known for one of the best lens switching technology, which offers quick reaction time of just 0.10 milliseconds. The consumers will receive very high quality optics, which allows you to have crisp and precise viewing at the working area. If you like to read more speedglas welding helmets review then you can choose from the list provided.
Talking about the overall design of the helmet, when we compare it with other models of similar price range, it has perfect fitting, which may be tight initially but will get comfortable.
- It also has head suspension, which gives you good balance while you are working. This design make you wear helmet for longer duration of time, without giving you any kind of fatigue and stress, as it weigh around 2 pounds only.
- It has 3 arc sensors, which offers one of the best sight when an arc is struck, and it will immediately start the light to dark transition within 0.10ms, allow you to have best optimal view of the weld puddle during whole welding process.
- After the one strike of the arc, 3M speedglas 9100 automatically revert-back to light shade 3 within timeframe of 40 to 200ms, which makes your downtime less and you can have immediate view of welding puddle.
It supports 3 channel exhaust vents, which are present of Speedglass mask, enable welders to have air passage inside mask and helps in reducing heat, humidity and fogginess inside the helmet and over the glass lens. The middle channel of the helmet follows through the center of the helmet, and helps in keeping lens fog free, while other 2 side channels helps in providing fresh air for proper air circulation for welders breathing.
When it comes to face and eye protection from harmful UV (Ultraviolet) and IR (Infrared) radiation, along with sparks, heat and spatter produced during welding. Speedglas 9100 helmets hood is made up with AU and NZ standard, which ensured for high impact protection, long durability and protection for small falls offs and throwing.
It has high quality optics with the combination of large viewing area. It has wide sight window that accompanies with 5 filter, which make it one of the best helmets for professional welders. The sensitivity adjustments it has make it perfect for TIG, MIG as well as Stick welding processes. These properties will ensure you to have top notch welding experience in spite of which welding project to undertake.
It has ergonomic head suspension framework along with padded headband designed specially to reduce pressure and stress around vulnerable area of head. It has swivel mounted, smooth ratchet system, which allows the perfect fit on welders face, and allows you to make adjustments according to your face with the help of large knobs on the outer side of the hood. You can adjust these knobs with your gloves on, so that you don’t have to pause your work.
When it comes to weight, we can say that speedglas helmet is light in weight for what features it offers, however it is not the lightest helmet in market at its price. The head straps, and adjustment gears will help you to wear helmet for hours without feeling any kind of stress and fatigue and you can work all day long comfortably.
3M speedglas 9100 helmet will be best for professional welders because of its features like auto-filtering lens and good optical quality, 3 way air pass etc. which makes this helmet on the expensive side of price point. However the feature it offers will make it beneficial on long run of usage and give you overall satisfaction
- It has one size fit design, because of it some of the consumers have given negative feedback regarding its un-comfortability and adjustments issues. So if you have large head this helmet can cause problems to you, but if your head size is around 6.25-8 ‘’ then it will work perfectly.
- There are also issues highlighted regarding the amount of light bypasses inside when welders do high capacity or heavy-duty welding. You have to pay extra for installing side flaps, for avoiding burning problems and because its sides panel are Shade 5, hence there is possibility of flash breach through them.
- Quick reaction time of 0.10ms
- 3 arc sensor for good sight
- 3 way ventilation for proper aeration
- UV and infrared resistance
- 5 filter make perfect for TIG, MIG and stick welding
- Ergonomic head suspension for long hours wearing
- Bit heavy in weight
- One size fir design
- No side flaps
Talking about overallview, it is found that this helmet requires specific environment to work. IT is very responsive and comfortable helmet, but its side panels are not very sturdy and durable which may break very easily. On high amp projects flash may penetrate inside from side panels which make difficult in welding. But along-side it has quick reaction time 3 arc sensors along with UV and IR ray protection make it perfect product for professional welders.
The-commerce website Amazon it has the average rating of 4.3, which make this helmet very effective one for professional welders for all king i.e. TIG, MIG as well as stick welding process. Its adaptability to work in difficult environment and protection against UV and IR rays along with 3 way ventilation system make it one of the best helmets available in the market.
We would definitely recommend this helmet in case you are professional welder, but for DIY and beginners they can go for other options as buying helmet that expensive will not be beneficial for them. I hope you liked our article about the review related to the 3M Speedglas 9100 welding helmet, and if you have any more queries and questions related to it please feel free to contact to us.