A welding machine offers you the facility to operate any extreme cosmetic application with ease, and also with proper control on extreme heat. Welding application is being used in a large scale nowadays, and along with that TIG welding is also gaining popularity. If you are interested in TIG welding, you must be aware of a few factors. TIG welding offers the facility of minimum smoke production as well as less splatter generation. But the process needs extreme level of patience and skill. Then only you will be able to achieve the exact perfection in your welding job.
There are lots of TIG welder brands and all of them are shrieking out loud about being the best TIG welder. Now this is up to you to decide which TIG welder will work nicely and will be appropriate and also will fit your budget. The chosen budget TIG welder should have performance as well as versatility. So we will be helping you with choosing the right one which can work hard and tediously for you to match the worth of its value.
Best TIG Welders Under $2000 for the money
Here is our list of best 5 TIG welders under $2000:
Lincoln Electric square wave TIG 200 TIG welder
This TIG welder is great for small fabrications, and artisans as well as hobbyists will be happy to use it. Users claim that it is an incredible little TIG welding machine and perfectly fabricates the small parts, though managing large fabrication products is not within its scope. For any low production shop it will be really useful. It lasts for many years if used with caution and care. It provides good steady arc and the controls can be easily operated even while wearing welding gloves. The operating process is much easy and anyone can handle this TIG welder’s operation successfully. This one does never have any false starts and is neither overheated.
- This TIG welder comes with simple interface. Some of the TIG welders that come under this price category used to have a difficult interface which hinders the ease of functionality. This one, on the other hand, can be easily operated thanks to the simple design, fewer buttons and switches.
- This is basically a TIG welder but it can handle stick welding as well. Not only that, it can also perform direct and alternating current, which makes it a versatile product. You can weld all kinds of metals, be it ferrous or non-ferrous.
- There are two power cords of this TIG welder. You can plug one into standard 120V and the other one can be plugged into 230 V if you want the TIG welder to be more powerful. You can always switch the machine from one power source to another.
- This machine is much lightweight and portable, thus you can carry it wherever you need to.
- This one can weld aluminium which is a great benefit.
- You can adjust the setting for different amperage, AC balance, pulse frequency and AC frequency.
- There is a foot pedal included in this welder.
- It can run both on direct or alternate current sources.
- The torch of the TIG welder is nice and it comes with 17 style.
- TIG and Stick welding capable
- Lightweight machine
- Foot pedal included
- Simple interface
- Aluminium welding can be done
- Easy set up
- Not for huge fabrication task
Miller 907135016 TIG welder
The Miller TIG welder we are discussing here is easy to use and the durability of this machine is outstanding. It will last you for years. This is a small wonder in true sense; great welding potential is combined with lots of power. This is a DC only machine. Most of the users have found it to work superbly and with zero problems. Aluminium cannot be welded by it but otherwise it is just a perfect machine for small jobs. It starts with foot pedal and it does not have a duty cycle like the production machine. The amperage knob works so smoothly that you can accidentally turn it off or on while doing some other job.
- This is a versatile and compact machine which you can carry with you on the worksite.
- This machine is ready for various kinds of jobs and you can make it work for different kind of projects.
- The interface is intuitive, so the people who are smart can make out the work of the buttons and switches without reading the manual.
- The fan and the demand are more prominent so the heat output is moderated and no harm is done due to overuse or overheating.
- This is a great investment as it will work for many years to come for you. Users have reported to have used this machine for 10 years and more, so that is definitely a cause to get it.
- It can be used for stick welding as well, though it does MIG welding better.
- This is an amazing machine and it works well on 110V. If you attach it with 220V then it will work great.
- The customer care service provides great support while you are having any issue.
- Compact and smart
- Long lasting
- User friendly interface
- Does not overheat
- Good customer care
- Great value for money
- Runs on DC only
- No aluminium welding
Hobart 500551 EZ-TIG 165i TIG welder
This is another user friendly TIG welder which offers great welding along with superb longevity. This one comes with good control over all the functionalities. As it comes with AC and DC mode, it can weld aluminium. This is also good choice for the hobbyists as it is a portable and can be carried to any place. It is not as pricey as the out first choice Miller, but in specification it matches the Miller in many aspects. The parts and the accessories are same so you get almost same amount of work and functionality without paying the extra price. The accessories like pedal, torch, regulator and ground strap along with torch are available in this package. Thick aluminium sheets also can be cut with this machine, and it is much durable than the regular TIG welders of this range.
- This is a decently priced TIG welder which is much user friendly and versatile.
- The value of this machine is well worth of. An array of accessories is available with this package like, TIG torch, foot pedal, gas regulator, cable and a clamp.
- The power cord available with this package is pretty long. It is 12.5 ft. Another 12 ft. cable is included with the work cable.
- This one can weld almost every kind of metals. Steel, stainless steel, aluminium and chromyl can be welded by this TIG welder.
- As thin as 22 gauge metal sheets can be handled by this machine and thick as 3/16 inches sheet can also be handled by it.
- This TIG welding machine weighs only 50 lbs which proves how portable is this. It does not require much storage space.
- The interface is clearly labelled on the buttons and knobs. The amperage setting can also be done for the thickness of different metals by changing the knob marks.
- The AC and DC mode can be changed in an uncomplicated way so that is rather easy a measure.
- This one houses an inverter based power source and it consumes moderate power but the work quality is not compromised.
- It offers consistent welding through a single knob control.
- Setting up and operation is really easy and smooth.
- You can connect the shielding gas and select the thickness and material type to get started with this TIG welder.
- Versatile with twin functionality
- Flex head with knob control
- Premium quality make
- Amazing welding capability
- Auto shutdown function
- Large knob in front to select right amperage
- Not ideal for casting iron
- Only 230V power outlet compatible
Everlast PowerMTS211Si TIG Welder
This is yet another TIG welder which provides proper value for money. The price is however, cheap than the above machines, and yet it does operate smoothly to provide minute fabrication work. The 2019 version of the Everlast TIG welder was counted as the best in its price range. This is a monster of a machine and we have kept it in our list because of the potential and efficiency of it. The latest version of this gadget comes with dual voltage capacity. It requires 12000 watt generator to work in full force. This one has low amp start capability and this model can work in both AC and DC mode. From 5 amps to thin gauge material welding, it can handle all kinds of jobs.
- This one is greatly liked by the welding rookies, and also it is quite easy to control.
- The simple and intuitive interface makes the work easier and thus you can get tension free environment to work in. as working with it is an easier process, the output is obviously of better quality and the learning curve gets shorter.
- This one cannot weld soft metals like aluminium, which is a letdown. But there are other group of metals that it can cut through.
- It is also a heavy machine which affects its portability.
- As it has dual voltage capacity it can work on 120V and 240V power source.
- It uses IGBT inverter technology and thus you can plug it to a generator.
- The power output of this TIG welding machine is 3500 watts.
- The welding capacity of this machine encompasses both ferrous and non ferrous metals as it runs both on AC and DC.
- The duty cycle is 60% at 200 amps so the calibre of this machine can be called great.
- A TIG torch comes with the package as accessory.
- The controls are colour coded and thus these are easy to identify and understand.
- The arc it provides it quite stable.
- AC balance control
- AC frequency
- 2T/4T remote control
- Fully adjustable pulse
- Stick welding
- Arc force control
- IGBT inverter design
- No power cable
Esab Rebel EMP 215ic TIG welder
The Esab Rebel EMP 215ic TIG welder has many reasons to be liked, but we wish to mention the handle of this. The handle is really a comfortable part of this machine and it helps you to hold the machine while the machine is accommodating the duty cycle. It is a versatile model and the specification list is great. This one can do MIG and stick welding and the MIG welding it does better than some of the contemporary welding machines of the similar price range.
If you use it to melt gun metal it will take barely 30 seconds, and it can feed wire up to 475 ipm. But the process will not sustain spray. The package includes a TIG torch and regulator so you get a good deal within the price. Once you are accustomed with it, you will find the life start works smoothly. It provides steady and smooth arc. You only need a gas cylinder and if you are to weld aluminium, then aluminium MIG spool to get started with the work. For normal TIG you need the filler metal handy. This is one of the best DC welders as per the users so you can choose it for your welding purpose safely.
- This is a true multi process performer and it provides best in the class MIG welding output.
- This Esab dual voltage professional welder can work well with flux cored, stick and lift MIG welding. So this is one of the rarest welding machines that can handle all four types of welding processes.
- The welding materials vary from steel to aluminium to magnesium; this is just too versatile a gadget.
- The user interface in this welding machine is nice and simple. The beautiful 4.3 inch TFT screen helps to navigate through the different features of the welding.
- The higher pixel density of the screen enables the clear view of the screen.
- You can change the language, which is a nice addition and innovative of the manufacturers to help out the users.
- The TIG welding machine is so powerful that it can work with 240 amps of power when it is set to maximum power level.
- The duty cycle of this welding machine is 30% at 180 amps which means it is potential enough to work in low power.
- The package comes with all the components you may need to weld, like the TIG torch and MIG gun, electrode holder, earth clamp, and regulator.
- The machine can run on any high grade industrial level generator as well.
- There is a three years warranty on this item.
- The control tips of the machine were held in place of shielding nozzle which is a bit problematic.
- There is unique five handle roll cage which is definitely an industrial type design.
- The unibody steel construction makes it a hefty but strong gadget.
- Comfortable handle
- All components included
- Dual voltage capacity
- Can run with industrial generator
- Great TFT screen with high pixels
- Language changing option
- Multi process performance
- Three year warranty
- Heats up
- Runs on DC
What to look for while buying any TIG welding machine:
Amperage range– TIG welding is done on thinner metals so you get a clear and precise work. The less the amperage of the welder is, the more limited will be the working ability on the sheets. The pricier the welding machine is, the wider amperage range it should have.
AC/DC– check if the machine runs on both AC and DC source, or only in DC source. To weld soft metals like aluminium, the combination of AC/DC is required. But if you need to weld only stainless steel then a DC TIG welder will do your job.
Portability– flexibility to port the TIG welding machine is a great virtue. The lighter models are portable so you can carry them to your workstation or anywhere you need to weld. When you are working on any installation on some piece of automobile or some other field, then you can carry the portable machine and do not be bothered about the damage caused to it.
Control-the regulation of the machine should be controlled by you and that means you will be totally handling the TIG pulsing. Precision is a must in this job.
Duty cycle– make sure that the duty cycle of the TIG welding machine is good. It must work at least 10 minutes before getting shut off to prevent overheating. The power output is used to measure to know the duty cycle. A higher duty cycle ensures that you will be able to work for longer hours and thus your job will be completed fast.
TIG welding is done by lots of technicians every day. But anyone will agree that this is a bit more complicated process of welding than the rest ones. However, if you are aced up with the right tool at your hand, and some experiences to boost your skill, then you will be able to do a great job with TIG welding. There are so many TIG welders available in market, not all of them will fit your bill or make the welding an easy process. So you have to choose smartly.
The purchase of TIG welders should be a wise and well though decision. Your parameters should broaden. The specs like durability, dual power source working ability, control, range of amps, efficiency to do TIG welding as well as other kind of welding like stick or dual core must be checked. The price is another deciding factor as we all run with a budget, so you must check that your final choice does not cost you a bomb. The buy should be something that is useful and long lasting so it may help you to keep welding for coming years.